A sub-committee of the Religion and Race Work Area, FUMCOG Against the DP works on:
- Participating in “For Whom the Bells Toll” as a public witness to our opposition to State-sponsored executions
- Communicating with those on death row and their families,
- Working with other human rights activists, including PA Abolitionists United against the Death Penalty,
- Providing forums for those who have been exonerated from death row.
Mission: To work to oppose the death penalty in Pennsylvania and the United States.
- To assist family members of those on death row with prison visits by raising funds for transportation.
- To monitor state executions and report these to the community
- To urge prison officials to make prison visits more family-friendly
- To work to inform the community of problems in the criminal justice system in that Death Row inmates are too often poor, undereducated, and minority.